Sunday, April 6, 2008

Missed a Shot

Greatings from the Cape Fear Coast,

The wind does howl and has for two weeks. Some Bonito have shown up down in Southport about a week ago but yet to show off of Wrightsville Beach. This morning I missed a shot at the Liberty Ship, as the wind came around from the Southwest to the North, when the wind and the sea laid this morning. The phone rang a my buddy Allen woke me up at 07:00. "Masonboro is laid out and it's do-able" he said but I did not get the hint as I recovered from the sudden awakening. "Let me know how you do," I said knowing I a commitment at 11:00 and hung up. Luckily all I missed was some bluefish and a boat to the Liberty Ship and Johns Creek.

The forecast looks like Wednesday afternoon might give me a shot and I plan to take it hopefully the Bonito will reciprocate and get to the hill even though the water temp looks cool on the map. You don't have a shot sitting on the hill.
If the wind does blow the Lock and Dam #1 will see me again and those feisty American Shad will see me again. The bite continues and the big cats and Stripers should make their appearances soon if the water slows after all this rain. Stay tuned and one day there will be pictures of fish.

Rip'em up and let some go
Capt Danny Wrenn
96 Charter Company
Wilmington, N.C.
910.619.2224

No comments: