Saturday, October 16, 2010

Odd Couple

odd pair

24" red

21" flounder
Longtime fishing buddy, Capt. Travis Dant of Flat Out Flying, and I hit some offshore rocks and reefs briefly Wednesday looking for some grouper but only found sharks and this nice flounder.  We ran back inshore and hit a few Red Drum before we had to call it a day.  We were using some big 6-8" mullet on circle hook rigs.  I also hit the sound on Thursday and found couple of short flounder.  I was jig fishing with some of my favorite Haw River curly tail grubs along some oyster banks in Lee's Cut.  The bait had moved back in and is all over the beach.  I hit the Cape Fear River once this week looking for some Red Drum and Speckled Trout and found tons of Gars.  We did manage to get a small Striped Bass trolling a bank near Downtown Wilmington.  All that freshwater has pushed the bait and the fish waaaaayyyy down river.  I'll be hitting it again next week to see if we can find'em somewhere.

Later,
Capt. Danny Wrenn
96 Charter Co.
Wilmington, N.C.
910.619.2224

No comments: