Monday, October 4, 2010

RIVERTIME! YEEHAW!!

I got a phone call today that the Castle St. Ramp was open.  I called my buddy Jay and we decided to take the boys fishing after school.  The idea was to see if anything was going on in the river and check out the water.  We set out some trolling rigs and began the search. As we cruised the shoreline I spotted some activity closer to the bank and picked the casting rod and four shots later wham a slammer strike and I handed the rod off to the boy and we landed a nice 28" bass.  Several minutes later Jay hit a nice one but the transfer off to his son resulted in a lost fish.  We fished this area for a while with out any more strikes.  We continued the troll about two minutes later wham!  My boy got to the rod first and landed a nice 22" fish.  We continued to troll and ended up with two more fish and casted for a while before we had to go and the boy got a tagged fish. 

No Reds or Speckled Trout but who's complaining.

Capt Danny Wrenn
96 Charter Co
Wilmington, N.C.
910.619.2224

No comments: